SEARCH

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Hair of the Bride













I'm not crazy. Hair to be presented at weddings must be an age-old source of more stress than "word on the street" seems to indicate. In the modern world, we've evolved to the "trial run" that I experienced this past weekend. I'm glad for that.

As the stylist was working through this process, realizing I didn't have enough hair for the part up, part down design I wanted, I had the revelation that an updo was not the right answer for me. Not only do I never really experience seeing my ears (intentional), but I also realized the investment I'm making in photos would be a complete waste if I were to leave my hair up (closer to Cloris Leachman's do is in Young Frankenstein, one of my all time favorite movies).
It's funny how in the movie Madeline Kahn's prim, proper, Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory-singing virginal bride transforms into a monsterette with this fantastic updo (Oh yuck! Sorry about the music on that link- turn off your speakers- it's so painfully"mass religion").

We're giving it another go round next week to see if I can get closer to what I'll be happy with. Maybe I should take a hint from my music and follow what this article says about hair in the 1960's.

No comments: