SEARCH

Monday, May 21, 2007

A Codpiece for My Medieval Gig, Perchance

Calvinac, France

Many of the places we're going on honeymoon have been photographed a thousand times over, but our weeklong Medieval music and food workshop (led by our wedding fiddler) is worth some attention because it's more off the beaten travel path. And this is not a photograph I expect to have the chance to personally take.
This is Calvignac where for one of the nights at Latitude we will rehearsing to sing and danc for the French (people that is). It's the first ever public performance and we are working among our group of friends on the costumes that we plan to send ahead to be there when we arrive in La Toulzanie.

I'm not too much of a dress up kind of girl (the wedding was a stretch for me). But I do have good theater values ingrained. The show must go on (thanks Mom and Dad).
So gems like this are a priceless view into the conversations newlyweds have:

Rachel: On my list of things we need to get done for the honeymoon is shopping. I need new jogging shoes, and some summer weather pants and tops. What's on your list?

David: Tights [Rachel pauses writing], a codpiece, maybe some Capezio shoes, a hat. Oh, and I need bling.

Rachel: I...meant at Macy's kind of things.

David: Oh well, I don't know.

Rachel: Don't you need underwear, we're going for a long time.

David: I'm not taking a lot of clothes, probably only about a weeks worth.

Rachel: A week's worth? We're going for a month. That means we'll have to do laundry [reviews itinerary in head] on the tour and also in France. Well, I guess we will be able to, but will we be able to do laundry in La Toulzanie [picture of 14th century moulin on the water sticks in head]?

David: Yes.

Rachel: Well, I'm taking more clothes than that because I'm a girl.

I'm not making this up, I swear. Goddess save me from the theater!

Photo by Neil Buffée, the Latitude General Director.

1 comment:

Amy K said...

Rachel- Bring extra undies for David.