SEARCH

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Travel Zen


“They were desperate for a smoke so they decided to walk.” I overheard this on the Tube stop we got let off at by our cab driver. It seems when various countries implement their no-smoking laws, I tend to be around. I’m also typically around if there is a cold front that’s moved in- I like to keep the climate suited to my needs (no weather powers in Europe though!). Our journey today was 2 hours on the plane to London from Barcelona and 3 hours home from Luton airport to downtown London where our again hosts Amy and Stephen awaited us. Miau! Here they are receiving their chocolate cat tongues from Barcelona.
Train failures and highway closures left us taking a cab with two strangers. But a highway accident closed the entire freeway and our cab driver begged to let us off somewhere on the tube. I must be in a travel zen mode, because the delay just gave me a chuckle. It’s travel!! We needed to have brought the Tardis that no doubt was reeling past us in the Tunnel de Puymorens as we drove into Barcelona day before yesterday.

No comments: