SEARCH

Saturday, January 20, 2007

An Update from the Seamstress



You'll have to excuse me that I must mark the calendar with this post. After visit #2 to the seamstress, I can't believe my ears. Between Boxing Day (12/26) and now, I've dropped about 5 lbs. Not huge but enough to start shaping things around in all the strange ways a woman's body works.
Rachel Myer is the name of my seamstress. She is a wizard 40 minutes east of us in Concord and I love working with her. The bridesmaid dress I brought to her as the base for my dress, she has now transformed. 
The hard work of moving a side zipper to the back and trimming the top cuff off the dress is done. The creative part can now begin. At the end of the visit Rachel said, "Well, don't lose too much weight, or your dress will be loose." I'm sorry, but this is the first time in my life I've ever heard these words! Pretty much since about 6th grade, weight has been an issue for me. I love food and I'm a very hard core sensualist- for all 5 senses really.
Do any of you ever hear stories from afar of brides stressed out about last minute dress alterations because they've lost too much weight? If it happens to me, we're talking Fantasy Island Baby! 'Yessss Boss, I'm sorry but I came down two sizes.'
The photo above I thought was a fun compliment to the post. It was taken in fall of 2000- my avant garde way to pretend I was pregnant while sitting next to my dear friend Ana who actually was pregnant at the time with her little girl Gina.

1 comment:

Amy K said...

You more often hear about the bride gaining weight between fittings. A friend of mine gained about 100 lbs and the seamstress said, "celebrating already are we?" Very not cool. Stephen's cousin's breasts got huge before the wedding (analyze that one) and they blamed the too-small dress on the seamstress - either her parents were being kind or they really had a blind eye for their beautiful but busty bride.